Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mi barrio

     ...as in my hood, mein Kietz... where I'll live for the next 2 months.
No, it's not Palermo Soho! because that's the place to be, right? or where you are supposed to live if you are a defenseless foreigner. It's not San Telmo nor Recoleta either. But I didn't go as crazy as to look for a room in Constitucion (that's the bad area)
       Villa Urquiza is the name, and I loved it immediately. Even if my room is very modest and the house is in a sort of very slow renovation w.i.p., I just wanted to live in this neighborhood. It has a calmness of a small village or rural resort, with broad streets and nice little houses, some of them no taller than the ground-floor, some of them better taken care of than the others, but all very charming and  quite different as style.




 It also has cool street art

and churches


and bigger, busier avenues

  and quirky buildings

and palm-trees


And this is the house I live in:
 with it's patio
the view from the patio
the back yard/garden
 and my room




1 comment: