Saturday, November 2, 2013

o Jack!...

you know by now(the ones that met me in person) that I sometimes find hilarious stuff that other people don't find even remotely funny... like this sign on the building
i just bursted out laughing. Alone on the street. And now that I am home grounded and started sorting pictures, I found it equally funny. 
          Yep, I can't go out although I had some more exploring planned, cause I got a sty- new word I've learned together with it's spanish version 'orzuelo'... and what I would need now is a bit of Swedish Bitter, but here, they've never heard of it 
 'Amargo Sueco ?' the puzzled expression of the vendors' faces should have answered me, but I went on 'es un elixir de hierbas medicinales...' No. The same for 'té de aciano' - corn-flower tea
          O Jack!

          So let me tell you about the failed flea-market trip on Sunday. Failed cause it was closed. It was closed because it was an election day. Closed as were all the bars and clubs the evening before. A no excuses politic, I suppose. For the same reason, the streets were almost empty on Sunday, even the pick-pockets were queuing to vote
      Arrived at the flea-market place, I was really impressed of how organized and clean everything seemed - no Mauer-park at all, and also of the strange energy that these used objects had, so many, so different, piled on top of each other in that huge, quiet space...


ok, so I walk on...
And what did I see that's worth sharing
a pretty shop-window

 some street art

 some clubs - I have the impression that there's a convention for all the clubs to look like black cubes

and I made it to Palermo Soho - the posh district supposedly. Didn't seem so posh to me...Ok bigger houses, a couple of convertibles, some chic boutiques...
          But what I really liked was this place- it totally looks like 'from another film' And when I say film it's like you just know that in the second act there will be some shooting through that opening in the facade. The fact that it looks like Cuba (what Cuba I know from the movies) but it's an arab restaurant, just adds to the mystery ...
 then this! it's like the odd juxtaposing that's typical for Buenos Aires architecture was exaggerated and concentrated
 and I found some people too

No comments:

Post a Comment