Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Magic

            Today, on the last subway home I got a flower from a magician.
...and not just any magician, but 'el verdadero mago del subte' (the real magician of the subway)

He had a small kit for the usual acts: scarf, stick, cards, fire, flower… no rabbit, no bird. I congratulate myself for never looking into these tricks - I needed some magic.  

          Especially after Nicolas. Nicolas from Columbia, who kept me company this evening and told me about his country… how beautiful, how fucked-up, how sweet the life- how impossible to earn it honestly, how authentic and diverse the food - how fast disappearing under the new laws and standards, how the guerrillas fighting the regime since 40 years were good at the beginning, but now they're bad since they are at the hand of drug cartels …,  how open and generous the people - how ready to slit your throat if you give them 'papaya' (that is to make display of one's wealth in the wrong place/the wrong time of the day).  
And how he wants to start a subversive educational movement in the art school that he's gonna put up. That after telling me how dissidents just disappear there
How beautiful, how sad

No comments:

Post a Comment