Monday, November 11, 2013

Long night of the museums (more or less)

          On saturday I decided to be a bit social and I joined a 40 people meeting for the BA- Long night of the museums… We were supposed to meet at the Planetarium so I went earlier  to walk a bit around. To be honest, I didn't make much of this area - which is still part of the Palermo neighborhood. But here's what I found worth photographing:
more weird architectural apposition
an abandoned stadium turned into a pub that also seemed abandoned ...
a huge park with a lot of sporty people...
 a nice magnolia tree
...where I had 'dinner' (this is my favorite snack ALL TIMES!!!)
 and the common meditating hipster

…later that night…
after meeting the 40-some people, listening to Ultratango, visiting the Planetarium then some art museum, I lost the 40-some people except for Rodrigo who took me off the beaten paths ...
...and into more sketchy surroundings 

to a Peña  :)
          The small and dark place with a cult-den-like aspect turned very friendly after a glass of wine (on top of the bottle we shared on the way :)  I enjoyed the music and especially the dances…,  The people were sweet, all very obliging and happy to speak to the foreigner in a most genuine Lunfardo of which I understood about every twelfth word… 
         The morning found me (coca leaves refreshed) in a sort of 'hostage situation', since my local guide insisted to close the place with his friends and I did not dare to make my way home alone
I guess I have to thank my 'kidnaper', this was one piece of real Argentina that I hope to get to experience some more



No comments:

Post a Comment