Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Food

           I am vegan... or almost, you know : if it's cake, I don't ask what's in it. And as I was telling people I'm coming to South America, everybody was going: ''oh, you poor thing, what will you eat there?'' or ''haha, bet you're gonna come back a meat eater'' and so on...
Well, I must say I am not a big fan of Argentinian specialties: steak is out of the question, but empanadas have no appeal to me either. I don't like Dulce de leche, I don't like Fernet and Mate... I think I can get used to it. I guess I'm left with ice-cream and Medialunas... except not. Cause there are chinese people here! And they don't only make chinese food - they make argentinian vegetarian food!

Like in this small take-away shop near to the studio I'm doing my internship in:

they're really big on corn, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potatoes and spinach 

               I think I could eat a month here every day and not have the same combination twice. Everything is really tasty and healthy - they even have a 'no salt' version for most of stuff. 
Ok, I'm giving veganism up for a while - that would be indeed difficult

 Deserts! I really need to learn how to make the orange-carrot bizcocho

And everything has the same price cause they sell by the kilogram
one lunch sample: about 500gr - 25 Pesos








No comments:

Post a Comment