Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oktoberfest

...or that's what we thought first...
So, I'm enjoying a bit of tourist life... like today I let myself dragged on a tour of the Casa Rosada (like the Reichstag only smaller and pinker) where we visited the balcony were Madona was. and Ricky Martin. and the Pope

there's Sangeeta - one of my roommates at the hostel and the one responsible for us being there

and when we left there (bored out of our minds), looking for this one fancy café, we passed through this



which we thought it was Oktoberfest... but after reading the signs we sadly came to know that it was only a celebration of the austrian community of BA. I have absolutely nothing against austrians.

We also took a lot of silly touristy pictures of each other. Like this one:

That's Roger from Australia/Peru- another one of my roommates and provider of liquor. 
I promisse I'm not going to wear that hat throughout my whole south-american trip... I just left my sun glasses in Berlin. Funny thing, I'm not enjoying the warmth as much as I thought, I think my body was kinda in a ''winter is coming'' mode and all of a sudden: 30°C! WTF!!! ... I think I'll live 

       About the hostel:  I was afraid I will be the only one over 30 and everybody else will be in their early 20s and partying all the time, but no! It turns out, I might be in the lower half of the age range of the people living here, especially since the top floor was taken by a band and a film crew making a road-trip documentary... Really nice folks, getting along, good vibe... :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a really nice time with really nice people! Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...not more than i wish... sigh...

    ReplyDelete