Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Spring, Summer, Autumn ... and Spring again

... a quick catch up of my trip : I almost didn't sleep during the 12- something hours flight (yes, we had an hour delay) in spite of having alcohol on the plane (I should have went for the whiskey instead of red wine), I watched 2 forgettable films, but I watched them in spanish, I bypassed Immigration in Brazil, Sao Paulo is unspectacular from inside the airport, I managed to sleep some on the second flight  and I got incredibly fast through Immigration and Customs in BA, relatively fast with the bus to the city center, and absurdly slow from there to the hostel.  Bucharest, you ain't seen traffic!!!

here is a bad photo from outside the Ezeira Airport


And this is how the city unraveled to me:

there's definitely something about the buildings of Buenos Aires...

and I also found out that I stand no chance of being fashionable here... not this season at least



 oh, and they have green coke!



A very puzzling thing is here the exchange rate. Officially there's about 6:1 for US$. At a Change office you get 9.3:1 (and I didn't look for the best deal!!!) So you absolutely don't want to pay your Bus or Hostel in dollars as I did... Change first! Also there is a price misbalance... for example a sim card is 10 pesos while a small lock is 55. Well, it's a good lock
Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment