Friday, October 11, 2013

Ready, ...on your marks...

        Hello dear friends... and perfect strangers out there on the internet...
So, the blog it's done. Now I have 4 and 1/2 months to feel it up. With the wonderful things that everybody expects me to find in South America...
        To tell you the truth - this trip is now a lot different from what I thought it would be, when I first got the idea. It was supposed to be one of those self-finding quests that people do when they go far away - usually to India (that's why I didn't want to go there ... might have ended finding somebody else's self. And besides, my sister already went to India ...and Thailand, and Nepal, so I thought I'd take on the other half of the world )
So what was I saying? - yes I was supposed to go there to find a different set of values, to live like peasants, to watch my life from afar, to reevaluate my goals, to maybe find a higher purpose... to lose and find myself... and all the life crisis clichés you've heard of...
I'm not going to explain what triggered this crisis, thing is, I felt stuck and couldn't go on with my daily life without having some questions answered ...

        Well, meanwhile, somebody found me!!! :)
And now I don't need to search anymore... Hell! I don't even wanna go away anymore!...

...actually I do, cause I'm curious, and cause I fought a lot to make this possible -when you are in a german university it's not so easy to take a semester off. But I did it and on top of that I got a scholarship! ... that doesn't even cover my flight, but anyway, I took it like a sign that I should go...
Also because of school regulations I needed to find an internship, and, thanks to a dear teacher of mine, Gil Alkabetz, I will do this with the amazing Juan Pablo Zaramella
So much for ''living like peasants'' - I'm taking my laptop and my Cintiq with me

I also feel, there is still something out there for me to understand and something to make peace with...

But I can't wait to come back !!!

That doesn't mean that I'm gonna sit around counting the hours till my flight back in march :)
Oh, and why this title? Because I'm shitless scared, I don't know what the fuck am I doing, but I'm doing it anyway. Let's see what's beyond! I will try to share so much as possible with you.
I promisse nothing :P

Before I end this first post I need to thank a few people that helped a lot (not in a premeditated order) : my sister Alexandra, Dana, Chris, Christina, Felix, Markus, Gil, Sonja, Laurentiu, Alfredo, Charlotte, Anna, Xiana, Sebastian, Alberto, Julia... I will reedit if I forgot somebody

Still in Berlin, still half-way packed... leaving on the 14th



No comments:

Post a Comment