Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Brave new Year

1st of january 2014, 05:25 in the morning. I woke up to this: 


… and to a bunch of guys screaming at each other about rugby, while drinking whisky, trying to finish off whatever was left from the party the night before

So how was the night before? 
At some point I stopped taking photos , because I didn't trust myself to return the camera to my tent (the tent I was hosted in, actually :) But before that:

... there was a lot of drinking and dancing, ….and eating! Can you imagine a barbecue for about 120 people? OK, you do? , now can you imagine a barbecue for 120 people in Argentina? And then some more!  because everybody brought a bit extra than what he or she would eat 
- the corn was mine! 

     And I don't have pictures of it, but I was in charge of the salad … for 120 people!!! (wtf - does my face say: VEGAN? - cause the organizer just came straight to me and said ''you look like you can take care of the salad'') So I had to gather the veggies from everybody, make them wash the damn things properly and organize the slicing team. I proudly say that I had a mexican chef (that was carrying a knife set, sort of like Dexter's with him O_o) and a venezuelan sommelier-to-be under my command :]

Before that - it was a lovely day, chilling and meeting new people, locals and travelers… listening to stories and live(or not) music… and there was some eating crisped thai-maggots at some point.


 The weather was also mild, so all in all - a great day, I hope the beginning of a great year. And if I didn't make a wish, or a resolution, here's one now: Be less afraid!
         I'll immediately start working on that, as I leave tomorrow on my actual trip through South America. First stop : Patagonia!
I'm panicked :D

1 comment: